No Products in the Cart
1.2. This policy forms part of the Lavish’d Terms and Conditions and words defined in the Terms and Conditions have the same meaning in this policy unless the context indicates otherwise. Nothing in this policy is intended to limit your statutory rights in any way.
1.3. The terms “user,” “you,” and “your” refer to site visitors, customers, and any other users of the site and The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to Lavish’d.
1.4. We receive various types of information (“Information”) from You when You access the Website, including personal information as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act (“PAIA”), Act 2 of 2000, and as detailed in section 1 of ECTA (“Personal Information”).
1.5. We may electronically collect, store and use Personal Information, including but not limited to name, contact details, surfing patterns, email, IP address.
1.6. Whenever You are of the opinion that We fail to comply with section 51 of ECTA, You can contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. We will review Your representation made by email and if within Our sole and absolute discretion deemed advisable, take corrective action and in any event within 14 days respond to You informing about corrective action taken, if any.
1.7. We respect your privacy and will take all reasonable measures to protect it, as more fully detailed below.
2. Should you decide to register as a user on the Lavish’d Website, we may require you to provide us with personal information which includes but is not limited to -
2.1.1. your name and surname;
2.1.2. your email address; and
2.1.3. your mobile number.
2.2. Should your personal information change, please inform us and provide us with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update your personal information. You can also change your personal information yourself by accessing your account information on www.lavishd.com.
2.3. You may choose to provide additional personal information to us, in which event you agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
3. Subject to clause 3.3 below, we will not, without your express consent:
3.1. use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
3.1.1. in relation to the ordering, sale and delivery of Goods;
3.1.2. to contact you regarding current or new Goods or services or any other goods offered by us or any of our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
3.1.3. to inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions offered by us or any of our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us); and
3.1.4. to improve your experience on our Website by, inter alia, monitoring statistical non-personal browsing habits, and to transact with us; or
3.2. disclose your personal information to any third party other than as set out below:
3.2.1. to our employees and/or third party service providers who assist us to interact with you via our Website, email or any other method, for the ordering of Goods or when delivering Goods to you, and thus need to know your personal information in order to assist us to communicate with you properly and efficiently;
3.2.2. to our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (including their employees and/or third party service providers) in order for them to interact directly with you via email or any other method for purposes of sending you marketing material regarding any current or new goods or services, new features, special offers or promotional items offered by them (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
3.2.3. pursuant to a corporate transaction in terms of which we sell any of our businesses or assets to a buyer of such businesses or assets.
3.3. We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property.
3.4. We will ensure that all of our employees, third party service providers, divisions, affiliates and partners (including their employees and third party service providers) having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality and non-use obligations (save as permitted herein) in relation to your personal information.
4. We will -
4.1.1. treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
4.1.2. take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
4.1.3. provide you with access to your personal information to view and/or update personal details;
4.1.4. promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
4.1.5. provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request;
4.1.6. upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control; and
4.1.7. not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
5. Lavish’d undertakes never to sell or make your personal information available to any third party other than as provided for in this policy, unless we are compelled to do so by law. In particular, in the event of a fraudulent online payment, Lavish’d reserves the right to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
6. Whilst we will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.
7. If you disclose your personal information to a third party, such as an entity which operates a website linked to this Website or anyone other than Lavish’d, LAVISH’D SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, HOWSOEVER ARISING, SUFFERED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF THE DISCLOSURE OF SUCH INFORMATION TO THE THIRD PARTY. This is because we do not regulate or control how that third party uses your personal information.
9. Despite such an undertaking, it is possible for Internet-based communications to be intercepted. Without the use of encryption, the Internet is not a secure medium and privacy cannot be ensured. Internet e-mail is vulnerable to interception and forging.
10. Lavish’d and the Owners will not be responsible for any damages You or any third party may suffer as a result of the transmission of confidential or disclosed information You make to the Owners or Us through the Internet, or that You expressly or implicitly authorize the Owners to make, or for any errors or any changes made to any transmitted information.
11. To ensure acquaintance with and awareness of Our privacy measures and policies, You are urged to take care to read and understand the underlying privacy clauses incorporated in these Terms.