- For the purposes of this section, Personal Information will be understood in accordance with the definition provided in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 ("the Act"). We also subscribe to the principles for electronically collecting personal information outlined in the Act, and the further legislation referred to therein. We endeavour to ensure the quality, accuracy and confidentiality of Personal Information in our possession.
In utilising our website, using our services or otherwise if your information is submitted to us through a lead generation services, users may be asked to provide the following information (Personal Information):
- First Name
- Physical Address
- Phone Number
- Bank Account Details
- Business Name
- Business Registration Number
- We will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information (such as information about racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs, where relevant) except with your specific consent or in the circumstances permitted by law.
- The provision and performance of our services to you
- Informing you of changes made to our website
- The provision of marketing related services to you by us
- Responding to any queries or requests you may have
- Developing a more direct and substantial relationship with users
- Developing an online user profile
- Understanding general user trends and patterns
- For security, administrative and legal purposes
- The creation and development of market data profiles
- Although absolute security cannot be guaranteed on the internet, we have in place up-to-date, reasonable technical and organisational security measures to protect your Personal Information against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, misuse, destruction or against unauthorised disclosure or access to the information we process online.
- While we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information you provide us, we will continue to maintain and improve these security measures over time in line with legal and technological developments.
- We store your Personal Information directly, or alternatively, store your Personal Information on, and transfer your Personal Information to, a central database.
- The Personal Information we collect from users shall only be accessed by our employees, representatives and consultants on a need-to-know basis, and subject to reasonable confidentiality obligations binding such persons.
- We shall have the right, but shall not be obliged, to monitor or examine any information and materials including any website link that you publish or submit to us for publishing on the Site. You shall be solely responsible for the contents of all material published by yourself.
- We will not sell, share, or rent your Personal Information to any third party or use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by us will only be in connection with the provision of our services and/or the marketing thereof.
- When you visit the website, even if you do not create an account, we may collect information, such as your IP address, the name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your browser, the website from which you visit us, the pages on our website that you visit and in what sequence, the date and length of your visit, and other information concerning your computer's operating system, language settings, and broad demographic information. This information is aggregated and anonymous data and does not identify you specifically. However, you acknowledge that this data may be able to be used to identify you if it is aggregated with other Personal Information that you supply to us. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only within the company on a need-to-know basis. Any individually identifiable information related to this data will never be used in any way different to that stated above, without your explicit permission.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- We do not disclose your Personal Information to anyone outside Party.
- "Session cookies": These are used to maintain a so-called 'session state' and only lasts for the duration of your use of the Website. A session cookie expires when you close your browser, or if you have not visited the server for a certain period of time. Session cookies are required for the Platform to function optimally, but are not used in any way to identify you personally.
- "Permanent cookies": These cookies permanently store a unique code on your computer or smart device hard drive in order to identify you as an individual user. No Personal Information is stored in permanent cookies. You can view permanent cookies by looking in the cookies directory of your browser installation. These permanent cookies are not required for the website to work, but may enhance your browsing experience.
Links from the website
- The services available through the Website, may contain links to other third party websites, including (without limitation) social media platforms, payment gateways, appointment scheduling and/or live chat platforms ("Third Party Websites"). If you select a link to any Third Party Website, you may be subject to such Third Party Website's terms and conditions and/or other policies, which are not under our control, nor are we responsible therefore.
- Hyperlinks to Third Party Websites are provided "as is", and we do not necessarily agree with, edit or sponsor the content on Third Party Websites.
- We do not monitor or review the content of any Third Party Website. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and we should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of other websites, either.
- Users should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any Third Party Website before disclosing any personal information to them. We do not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
Application Of The Electronic Communications And Transactions Act 25 Of 2002 ("Ect Act")
- Data Messages (as defined in the ECT Act) will be deemed to have been received by us if and when we respond to the Data Messages.
- Data Messages sent by us to a user will be deemed to have been received by such user in terms of the provisions specified in section 23(b) of the ECT Act.
- Users acknowledge that electronic signatures, encryption and/or authentication are not required for valid electronic communications between us and users.
Information to be provided in terms of section 43(1) of the ECT Act:
- Users warrant that Data Messages sent to us from any electronic device, used by such user, from time to time or owned by such user, were sent and or authorised by such user, personally.
- This Website is owned and operated by Inter Table Top Company.
Address for service of legal documents: Lavish'd, 34 Brunton Street, Foundersview, 1609.
- Contact Number: 011 609 8303.
- Website - located at https://lavishd.com/.
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of
Respecting and protecting your Personal Information (please refer to the definition of Personal Information at the end of this policy statement) is very important to us. It is also a Constitutional right, legal, and good business practice requirement, which we take very seriously.
In line with the 8 Conditions in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (the Act), we:
- Accept joint responsibility and accountability with you to responsibly manage and protect your Personal Information when providing our services and solutions to you;
- Undertake to receive, only from you, and process the Personal Information that is necessary for the purpose to assist you with your required solutions, conclude the necessarily related agreements and consider the legitimate legal interests of everyone concerned, as required by the Act and to respect your right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your Personal Information;
- Undertake to only use your Personal Information for the purpose required to assist you or provide solutions to you;
- Undertake not to share or further process your Personal Information with anyone if not required for assisting you with your solutions or by the law;
- Undertake to be open and transparent and notify you as and when required by law regarding why and how your Personal Information needs to be collected;
- Undertake to safeguard and protect your Personal Information in our possession;
- Undertake to freely confirm what Personal Information we have, to update and correct the Personal Information, and to keep it for no longer than legally required.
We or the companies who provide or assist with the solutions your required need to collect, use, and keep your Personal Information as prescribed by relevant laws and regulations and for reasons such as:
- To share with and provide relevant products or services to you, to carry out the transaction you requested, and to maintain our relationship;
- To respond to your queries;
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes;
- For insurance underwriting purposes;
- To assess and process claims;
- To conduct credit reference searches or verification, only if you authorise this or if it’s a requirement to provide your solutions to you;
- For operational purposes required to assist you with the solutions you require;
- For audit and record-keeping purposes;
- In connection with possible requirements by the Information Regulator or other Government agencies allowed by law, legal proceedings, or court rulings.
We may need to share your Personal Information and/or utilise software or online platforms to enter and process your information for an application, claims, or business management purposes. This will only be done in strict adherence to the requirements of the Act.
Any additional information or concerns can be found and raised with the Information Regulator, who can be contacted as shared below, but please feel free to contact us first to discuss any questions or concerns you may have:
Tel: 012 406 4818
Your Personal Information is defined by the Protection of Personal Information Act (the Act) as:
“means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, including, but not limited to— (a) information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person; (b) information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person; (c) any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person; (d) the biometric information of the person; (e) the personal opinions, views or preferences of the person; (f) correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence; (g) the views or opinions of another individual about the person; and (h) the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person”.